- All nominations are recorded and entered into the awards process.
- Pre-assessment judging is completed before submission to judges.
- Entries will be assessed against the standard of information provided, overall quality of campaign or project, consideration for the category criteria. Those that fail may be marked down or excluded from the judging.
- From the approved entries submitted the spiders judging panel review each nomination and scores them accordingly based on the category criteria.
- The entries that score the highest through the scoring process are then reviewed again by the entire judging panel at the judges meeting and a vote is cast to establish the shortlist and then the overall winners
- Any judge who may have a conflict of interest may not score a category, cast a vote or comment at this meeting.
- This is an independent process and the sponsors, Spider Awards staff or organisers do not select the nominees, shortlist or winners and neither do they influence the judges in any way.
- The shortlist will then be announced.
- Category winners and the Digital Hero recipient winner are announced at the awards ceremony.